Forum Air Malaysia was formed to assist National Water Services Commission (Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Air Negara - SPAN) and carry out the duties as Forum Air under the Water Services Industry Act 2006. This includes the duties and responsibilities that are outline in Section 70 of the Act. Read More
|Groups willing to meet over non-revenue water|
|Tuesday, 10 January 2012 15:20|
Tuesday January 10, 2012
PETALING JAYA: The National Water Services Commission (SPAN) is prepared to meet an NGO over the non-revenue water (NRW) issue.
“We are more than happy to discuss what Awer has brought up,” said a spokesman from the commission.The Association of Water and Energy Research Malaysia (Awer) revealed recently that the country’s water industry lost RM1.7bil to NRW in 2010.
NRW is water that has been treated and is “lost” either through leaks, thefts or metering inaccuracies before reaching consumers.
Awer urged the commission to set proper procedures and guidelines to ensure that water quality was not compromised including preparing a National NRW Reduction Action Plan.
Awer president S. Piarapakaran said the association was prepared to meet the commission.
“We are not finding fault but finding ways to help the country move forward. To become a developed nation, we must be capable of managing our resources,” he said.
Piarapakaran justified Awer’s calculation methods that led to the RM1.7bil figure, saying it used the World Bank’s methods and “calculated accurately” using official statistics published in the Malaysia Water Industry Guide.
He said Awer had forwarded some suggestions to the commission for its immediate action, including identifying critical, sub-critical and non-critical areas to allow the government and water operators to tackle the critical areas first,
A commission spokesman said the steps recommended by Awer had already being implemented.
Source: The Star
Water Disruption Alert
- Tampin and Rembau (Negeri Sembilan)
- Dry taps for many in Gombak
- Bekalan Air Terawat Yang Diterima Oleh Syabas Tidak Boleh Menampung Permintaan Menyebabkan Gangguan Bekalan Air Dan Tekanan Rendah Tidak Berjadual Di Lima Wilayah di Selangor Dan Kuala Lumpur
- Gangguan Bekalan Air Tidak Berjadual Disebabkan Penutupan Sementara Loji Rawatan Air (LRA) Sungai Selangor Fasa 1 (SSP1) Oleh Syarikat Pengeluar Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (SPLASH)
- Klang Valley Scheduled Water Disruption 17 Dec 2013